Do you have lower back pain problem? Do you need treatment, remedies, or relief? “Ow , my back hurts!” We often heard people had uttered those words. If you happened to have this problem, you may try the following steps for relief:
- Rest up for a few days while taking some ibuprofen or naproxen sodium to ease swelling and relieve your back pain.
- Also try the some fast acting solutions, such as ice and heat for immediately relief.
- Slowly get moving again.
- After your back is feeling moderately better, try some stretching and strengthening exercises everyday without fail.
- Continue step 4 for about four to six weeks time, your back pain should be relieved and your back should be back to proper action again.
How to use ice and heat to relieve your lower back pain?
As you may know, ice is a pain reliever, it works really well on this problem as well. Ice temporarily blocks pain signals and helps to reduce swelling. And heat is good for stimulating blood flow to reduce the pain.
- Place an ice pack wrapped in a towel on the pain area for up to 20 minutes, do this several times a day. Alternatively, you can use a bag of frozen peas.
- In the first few days of home treatment, apply the ice pack as often as necessary.
- Later, you may still want to use ice pack after exercise or any physical activity.
- 48 hours later after ice pack or forzen peas treatment, you can switch to moist heat treatment so that the heat can stimulate your blood flow and reduce painful spams.
- Dip a towel in very warm water, wring it out, then flatten and fold it.
- Lie down on your stomach will pillows under your hips and ankles.
- Place the towel across the pain area, cover the towel with plastic wrap, then put a warm , not hot , heating pad on top of the plastic wrap.
- Leave it for up to about 20 minutes.
- Repeat this heat treatment process three to four times a day for several days.
- Alternatively, you may also use a hair dryer to blow the warm air onto your pain area.
- Use low level laser therapy watch for the relief.